The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF)/Louisiana Environmental Education Commission has recently undergone a Memorandum of Understanding with the Louisiana Department of Education regarding support and implementation of the Green Ribbon Schools initiative in Louisiana. As a result, LDWF/LEEC has agreed to implement a Green Schools grants program for Louisiana schools and is in the process of hiring for a part-time position to oversee, monitor, and otherwise support this initiative and the associated awards program.
If you are interested in applying for this part-time (approximately 22 hours per week) position, please follow this link to begin the Louisiana Department of Civil Service application process. The application window closes Saturday, August 1, 2015.
Examples of Work:
- Develops, implements, and supports the Louisiana Green Ribbon Schools program and associated state awards recognition.
- Implements a green schools grants program for Louisiana’s K-12 schools and universities, orchestrating the processes of reviewing, awarding, monitoring, and reporting progress.
- Provides education and support to Louisiana teachers, schools, districts, and universities regarding green schools initiatives.
- Solicits for funding via grants and donations to support the green schools grants program.
- Performs responsible duties related to the proper operation, administration, coordination, and management of records, grants, and contracts.
- Interacts with top level state agency staff, legislators, federal agency personnel, non-profit organization representatives, the governor’s office, and the private sector to promote and develop cooperative Green Ribbon School initiatives.