K-12 teachers affected by recent Louisiana flooding have a new resource for replacing lost instructional materials. Prompted by a request from a teacher who lost years’ worth of materials when her residence flooded in Denham Springs, the environmental resource agencies in the area are pooling their educational materials for you!
Teachers who have lost environmental education materials in either home or school floods are encouraged to submit a Care Package request via a simple web form found at http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/care-package.
Care packages will consist of educational lesson activities, toolkits, maps, posters, loaded thumb drives, etc., all with an environmental focus. Distribution of care packages will begin on or around September 15, 2016. Please note that these care packages will be available while our supplies last.
The partners involved to date include:
· 4-H Youth Wetlands Program
· Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program
· Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act (CWPPRA)
· Environmental Protection Agency
· LA Dept. of Natural Resources
· LA Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries - Education
· LA Environmental Education Commission
· National Parks Service
Did you know that 31 schools flooded? The need is significant. If your organization would like to donate materials, contact Venise Ortego at email@example.com.