The Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries' Environmental Education Commission (LEEC) is now accepting proposals for their 2014-2015 Grants Program.
The submission deadline for each of these grants is March 17, 2014.
Applications will be accepted via electronic submission only.
- Based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and be designed to directly impact Louisiana students
- Those eligible: Accredited K-12 Louisiana schools
- Maximum award: $1,000 for 1 teacher or $2,000 for a team
- 2014-2015 LEEC Educator Grant Guidelines
- 2014-2015 LEEC Educator Grant Application
Formal/Non-Formal Educator/Professional Development Grants
- Based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and be designed to directly impact pre-service and/or in-service educators in Louisiana
- Those eligible: Louisiana education, state, or environmental agencies, colleges, universities, or 501(C)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Maximum award: $2,500
- 2014-2015 LEEC Professional Development Grant Guidelines
- 2014-2015 LEEC Professional Development Grant Application
University Research Grants
- Post-graduate research with a focus on environmental issues
- Those eligible: Students attending Louisiana colleges or universities and who are working toward a Masters, Ph.D., or conducting Ph.D. research are eligible to apply on behalf of their school
- Maximum award: $1,200
- 2014-2015 LEEC Research Grant Guidelines
- 2014-2015 LEEC Research Grant Application
For more information on these grants or the 2014 Environmental Education State Symposium, visit our website at: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/eec.
Venise Ortego, Environmental Education Coordinator
Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries