F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions

  • Is it too late to sign up for the POLR Program?
    Yes, it is too late to sign up to participate in the POLR Program, but you can still fill out a pre-application to be considered for any future program(s) if any are created.
  • When will my contract end?
    All POLR contracts (Cooperative Endeavor Agreements) will terminate on June 30, 2009. That is the last day rehabilitation work can be performed for reimbursement purposes unless an amendment for the account was signed by June 30, 2009; which extended the deadline to December 31, 2009.
  • Do I need to do anything before I perform rehabilitation work?
    You must contact the state prior to leaving the dock each day to operate under the terms of the POLR Cooperative Endeavor Agreement. The POLR 24-hour call-in number is 1-888-429-2460. Be prepared to provide the following:
    • Your name (person performing the work)
    • Leaseholder account name and account number
    • Date(s) and time(s) rehabilitation work will be performed
    • Type of rehabilitation activity
    • Vessel name/number
    • Lease number and/or public grounds where work will be performed (ex: Seeds from Black Bay Public Ground to lease #XXXXXX)
    • Harvest Area (DHH Harvest Area Map: http://www.dhh.louisiana.gov/Maps.asp?ID=1&Detail=1)
  • Do I have to call-in when I'm finished?
    No, unless you are unable to go out as planned or you are returning earlier than expected due to weather, mechanical trouble, etc. The POLR call-in number is 1-888-429-2460.
  • What if I don't have cell phone service in the area I plan to work?
    You should call the 24-hour call-in service before leaving the dock. You may also place your call the night before the work is performed.
  • What information should be included in my wheelhouse log?
    As per the POLR contract, each wheelhouse log should contain the following information:
    • Date work was performed
    • Location (lease number work was performed on and/or public grounds, if harvesting seed oysters)
    • Start time and end time (time that you left/came back to dock)
    • Activity performed (ex: bedding)
    • Amount of material placed on lease (ex: 15 poles or 200 barrels), if applicable
    • Vessel name and/or number
    • Printed name and signature of person who performed the work
    • Make sure dates from your wheelhouse logs agree with POLR Vessel Log sheets and reimbursement form.
  • Can I use the DHH Time-Temperature Log Sheets as my wheelhouse log?
    Yes, as long as the DHH Time-Temperature Log Sheet contains all the information required of wheelhouse logs (see above), those may used.

    Or you may call the POLR Program at 225-765-2940 or 225-765-2411

  • Where do I send my reimbursement requests?
    All reimbursement requests must be sent to:
    • South Central Planning and Development Commission
      ATTN: POLR Program
      5058 West Main St.
      P.O. Box 1870
      Gray, LA 70359
  • How long will it take to receive my reimbursement payment?
    Once you submit reimbursement paperwork to South Central Planning and Development Commission, reimbursement generally takes four to six weeks from the time of submittal if all paperwork is complete and in order.
  • Will I receive a paper check or a JP Morgan-Chase Pay card for my reimbursement payment?
    In order to provide reimbursement funds to you more quickly, we have discontinued paper check reimbursement payments for individual leaseholder accounts under the POLR program. Individual leaseholders account reimbursement payments will be credited to the individual paycard. Partnerships, corporations, etc. will continue to receive paper checks for reimbursement payments.
  • How do I activate my JP Morgan-Chase Pay Card?
    All POLR venders should be able to easily activate their JP Morgan-Chase Pay Card through the customer service number located on the back of the card (1-866-795-3890). To assist the customer Service representative, be sure to mention the POLR profile name, which is LA WF OYSTER LEASEHOLDERS PROG.
  • What if I did not receive a JP Morgan-Chase Pay card or I lost my card?
    Call JP Morgan-Chase customer service at 1-866-795-3890. To assist the Customer Service representative, be sure to mention the POLR name, which is LA WF OYSTER LEASEHOLDERS PROG.
  • How do I know if a reimbursement payment has been credited to my JP Morgan-Chase Pay Card?
    You may call 1-866-795-3890 to check the daily balance on your card. That number can also be found on the back of each JP Morgan-Chase Pay Card. In addition, you will be mailed a deposit statement each time a reimbursement payment has been credited to your account. The profile name with JP Morgan-Chase for the Pay Cards is LA WF OYSTER LEASEHOLDERS PROG. It is helpful to reference this profile name when calling JP Morgan-Chase about cardholder issues.
  • Who do I call with questions about the POLR program?
    For additional information, please contact the POLR Program at 225-765-2940; 225-765-2411;

    As of October 2009 the POLR staff consisted of:

    • Vince Cefalu, Supervisor
    • Ty Lindsey
    • Tanya Williams