The first meeting of the Louisiana Waterfowl Study Commission will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday May 11, 2006 in the Louisiana Room of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) headquarters building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA.
This commission was created by Senate Concurrent Resolution (SCR) No. 64, authored by Sen. Willie Mount. This first meeting will mainly address organization and procedures, but will also include some waterfowl reports on current issues.
The agenda is as follows:
2. Review the Waterfowl Study Commission Membership
3. Meeting Procedures and Protocol
4. Goals and Objectives of the Waterfowl Study Commission
A. Review of the Annual Waterfowl Hunting Season Setting Process
B. Duck Hunting Zones and Split Seasons
C. Mottled Duck Status and Bag Limits
D. State Monitoring of Avian Influenza
6. Selection of a Chairman for this Study Commission
7. Other Discussion Issues
8. Establish date for next meeting