March 12, 2012 -- The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries will host six public meetings around the state to present proposed 2012-14 hunting season dates, Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) general rules and regulation changes, and waterfowl zones and splits options.
Public comment will be taken on all items under consideration by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission through May 3. The meeting dates and locations include:
- March 13 at 6 p.m., Alexandria Convention Hall located at 915 Third St.
- March 13 at 6:30 p.m., LDWF Office in Minden located at 9961 Hwy. 80.
- March 14 at 6:30 p.m., Yambilee Festival Bldg., 1939 W. Landry, Opelousas
- March 15 at 6 p.m., Bastrop Visitor Center, 124 N. Washington St.
- March 15 at 6:30 p.m., LSU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Hwy., Lake Charles.
- March 21 at 6 p.m., St. John Parish Council Chambers, 1801 W. Airline Hwy., Laplace
To view the full notice of intent and all proposed hunting season dates and regulations changes for the upcoming hunting season, please visit http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/action-items .
Public comment will be accepted at LWFC monthly meetings from now through May 3 or can be submitted directly to Randy Myers, Wildlife Division, LDWF, PO Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, or via email to email@example.com  until May 3.
For more information, contact Randy Myers at 225-765-2359 or firstname.lastname@example.org .