Jan. 9, 2014 -- The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission (LWFC) adopted notices of intent for the 2014-16 hunting seasons, the 2014-15 Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) general rules and regulations, 2015 general and WMA turkey hunting rules and regulations, 2015 turkey hunting areas, seasons and bag limits at their Jan. 9 meeting.
The notices of intent include proposed hunting season dates and changes from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) for the upcoming hunting seasons and provide for a public comment period.
Some of the proposed changes include:
- Allowing small game hunters to carry buckshot and/or slug while small game hunting on private lands.
- Modification of a portion of Iberville Parish from Deer Area 9 to Area 6.
- Modification of a portion of St. Mary Parish from Deer Area 7 to Area 9.
- Modification of a portion of Iberville Parish within Deer Area 9 from gun with dogs to still hunt only.
- Elimination of requirement for an annual military permit on Camp Beauregard, Fort Polk, and Peason Ridge WMAs.
- Addition of general turkey lottery hunt on Pearl River WMA.
- Addition of youth turkey lottery hunt on Richard K. Yancey WMA.
- Implementation of a Self-Clearing Permit requirement for turkey hunters on Catahoula and Red Dirt National Wildlife Management Preserves within Kisatchie National Forest.
- Expansion of deer hunting opportunities on Lake Boeuf WMA.
- Addition of a youth shotgun deer season on Pass-a-Loutre WMA.
- Expansion of fishing opportunities on Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA.
To view the full notices of intent and all proposed hunting season dates and regulations changes for the upcoming hunting seasons, please visit http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/action-items .
Public comment will be accepted at LWFC monthly meetings from February through April and/or can be submitted in writing by mail to: Steve Smith, LDWF Wildlife Division, P.O. Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, or via email to email@example.com  until 4:30 p.m., April 3, 2014.
Proposed hunting season dates, general hunting regulations, turkey season dates, turkey hunting areas, seasons and bag limits, and WMA regulations will additionally be presented in seven public meetings as follows:
- Feb. 25 beginning at 6:00 p.m., LDWF Minden Office, 9961 Highway 80, Minden
- Feb. 25 beginning at 6:00 p.m., USGS National Wetlands Research Center, 700 Cajundome Boulevard, Lafayette
- Feb. 26 beginning at 6:00 p.m., LDWF Headquarters Building Louisiana Room, 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge
- Feb. 27 beginning at 6:00 p.m., LSU Ag Center (next to Burton Coliseum), 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles
- Feb. 27 beginning at 6:00 p.m., Alexandria Convention Hall, 915 3rd Street, Alexandria
- March 1 beginning at 2:00 p.m., LDWF Monroe Office, 368 Centurylink Drive, Monroe
- March 1 beginning at 2:00 p.m., Slidell Municipal Auditorium, 2056 2nd Street, Slidell
For more information, contact Steve Smith at 225-765-2359 or firstname.lastname@example.org .