Recreational Offshore Landings Permit

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries developed the Recreational Offshore Landing Permit Program to better quantify and characterize the charter and recreational fishermen that fish beyond Louisiana’s territorial waters.

Both non-charter recreational anglers and charter captains are required to obtain this permit (free of charge) to possess tunas, billfish, swordfish, amberjacks, groupers, snappers, hinds, cobia, wahoo and dolphin.  Anglers, such as minors and seniors, who may not be required to purchase a recreational saltwater license, are required to obtain a Recreational Offshore Landing Permit.  Angling customers on a paid-for-hire charter trip do not need a permit. 

Note: Changes are being considered to exempt anglers under the age of 16 and anglers on a paid for-hire trip when the captain of that vessel has a valid ROLP.

The permit is available at no cost to the public.

Get the Permit

To obtain a Recreational Offshore Landings Permit or login, click here

Reminder: reporting is no longer required under the ROLP.

Application Guidelines

Please take a moment to read through the Application Guidelines

Get the App


iPhone users: please be sure that you have the latest version of the reporting app installed (Version 1.2).