FREE ADMISSION 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Organizers estimate that families make up 80-90 percent of those who attend. Repeat attendees represent a significant number.
- Free soft drinks, hot dogs and other refreshments are available. Free samples of wild game and seafood are also provided. NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED.
- LDWF personnel, state agencies, conservation organizations, local businesses and individual volunteers help with hands-on activities including canoeing, fishing, shooting (BB guns, skeet, and muzzleloaders), archery, and boating.
- Louisiana chefs provide taste samples of wild game and seafood.
- Demonstrations include bow-hunting, fly-casting and tying, bait casting, Labrador retrieving, falconry, and cannon nets (capturing wildlife.)
- Activities include skeet shooting, air rifles, canoeing, fishing and many more outdoor activities.
- Exhibits include the commercial and recreational fishing industries, coastal management, game and fish management, wildlife law enforcement, boating safety, forest and timber production, wetlands protection and enhancement, selected native wildlife, and various educational displays. Many displays include live animals.
Waddill Outdoor Education Center
4142 N. Flannery Road.
Baton Rouge, LA. 70814
Woodworth Outdoor Education Center
661 Robinson Bridge Rd.
Woodworth, LA. 71485
LDWF District 2 Office
368 Centurylink Dr.
Monroe, LA. 71203
Bodcau Wildlife Management Area
1700 Bodcau Dam Rd.
Haughton, LA. 71037
To view the 2011 National Hunting and Fishing Day Outdoor Festival commerical click here!