Louisiana Scenic Rivers Photography Contest
The purpose of the contest is to promote the beauty of Louisiana's designated natural and scenic rivers. All photographs must have been taken within the boundaries of the state. Photos should portray the wildlife, fisheries, natural habitats, or recreational opportunities Louisiana's natural and scenic rivers provide.
The contest is now closed. Winning photos are featured below.
1st Place: Tchefuncte River Ripples, Margaret Crosby of Mandeville. Copyright: Margaret Crosby
2nd Place: Sunrise on the Blind River, Gregory LeBlanc of Lafayette. Copyright: Gregory LeBlanc
3rd Place: Abita River, Edward Estapa of Madisonville. Copyright: Edward Estapa
Honorable Mention: Whiskey Chitto Creek, Jason Saucier of Cottonport. Copyright: Jason Saucier
1st Place: Tchefuncte Summers (Tchefuncte River), Karen Boudreaux of Mandeville. Copyright: Karen Boudreaux
2nd Place: Bayou Bartholomew, Greg Harper of Monroe. Copyright: Greg Harper
3rd Place: Brown Pelican in Tree (Bayou Des Allemands), Rick Erbach of Metairie. Copyright: Rick Erbach
Honorable Mention: In Blind River We Trust, Travis Moore of Baton Rouge. Copyright: Travis Moore
1st Place: Peace (Tchefuncte River), Olivia Currier of Covington. Copyright: Olivia Currier.
2nd Place: X Marks the Spot (Bayou Bartholomew), Lexi Harper of Monroe. Copyright: Lexi Harper
3rd Place: Bayou Bartholomew, Lexi Harper of Monroe. Copyright: Lexi Harper
Honorable Mention: Floating Down Stream (Whiskey Chitto Creek), Jessica Phillips of Boyce. Copyright: Jessica Phillips
Honorable Mention: Quiet River (Bogue Falaya River), Juliette Andry of Covington. Copyright: Juliette Andry.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- To submit your photo, email a JPEG to SRPhoto@wlf.la.gov. JPEG must be high enough resolution to be blown up to 11-inches x 14-inches without pixelation.
- Be sure to include “Photo Contest Entry” in the subject and the following information in the body:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Email address (for entry confirmation and winner notification)
- Mailing address
- Photo title (if applicable)
- Name of the Louisiana designated natural and scenic river where the photo was taken (see complete list of Louisiana designated natural and scenic rivers)
- Approximate location where the photo was taken (e.g. identify nearby highway, road, bridge, etc.)
- Date the photo was taken
- Category in which you are competing: Professional, Amateur, or Youth
- You will receive a confirmation email once your photo has been officially submitted.
- Professional: any person who at any time has charged for their photographs
- Amateur: any person who has never charged for their photographs and is age 16 or older on or after June 1, 2020
- Youth: any person who is age 15 or younger on or after June 1, 2020