Sept. 5-13, Oct. 10 - Dec. 1 and Dec. 19 - Jan. 15
Sept. 5-27, Oct. 10 - Nov. 8 and Dec. 10 - Jan. 15
The dove hunting hours will be one-half hour before sunrise to sunset on all dates in each split, EXCEPT on Sept. 6 opening day on state wildlife management areas and LDWF leased fields, where the hunting hours will be 12 noon to sunset.
Dove Hunting Zones
The following boundary divides the state into North and South dove season zones: Beginning at the Texas-Louisiana border on La. Hwy. 12; thence east along La. Hwy. 12 to its intersection with U.S. Hwy. 190; thence east along U.S. Hwy. 190 to its intersection with Interstate 12; thence east along I-12 to its intersection with Interstate 10; then east along I-10 to the Mississippi state line.
Mourning and white-winged doves and fully dressed Eurasian collared- and ringed turtle-doves: Daily bag limit 15 in aggregate, Possession 45 in aggregate, but note: there is no bag limit on Eurasian collared-doves or ringed turtle-doves provided that a fully feathered wing and head remain attached to the carcass of the bird. Fully dressed Eurasian-collared doves and ringed-turtle doves (those without a fully feathered wing and head naturally attached to the carcass) shall be included in the aggregate bag.
Public Dove Hunting on Leased Fields (to be announced)
The following rules will apply to all leased dove fields:
1. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
2. Shot larger than size 7 ½ is prohibited (size 7 ½ , 8, 9 are allowed)
3. All trash - including shell hulls - must be picked-up.
4. Only legal doves may be taken.
5. All hunters must have a daily permit, issued at the field, as well as appropriate hunting license with HIP certification; except that hunters under 16 years of age do not need HIP certification. The daily permit will be issued on a first-come first-served basis. HIP certifications are available from hunting license vendors. If hunters have formed a line prior to the time permits are issued, permits will then be issued to those in line, in order of arrival.
6. There is a $10 fee per hunter, 16 years of age and older. Cash or check. Hunters under 16 years of age will be admitted free, but they must check-in and obtain a daily permit.
7. When a predetermined number of hunters are admitted, the field will be closed. Additional hunters may be admitted when someone leaves the field and surrenders his/her permit. Use of vehicles, including ATV’s, may be restricted and will vary from field to field. Check with LDWF personnel about restrictions when you check-in.
8. These leased fields are open to the public Sept. 6 only. Entrance at any other time is trespassing.
NOTICE: These leased fields have been made available through the cooperation of the landowners. Future access to these fields and other private property is dependent on the conduct of the hunters using these fields.
2015- 2016 Public Dove Hunting Opportunities on WMAs (to be announced)
Wildlife Management Areas Dove Fields
For more information on state Wildlife Management Areas: click this link http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma
For specifics on the current WMA dove field situation, you should contact the Wildlife Division field office nearest the WMA dove field you wish to hunt.
Lake Charles: 337-491-2575