Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
September 2, 2021 – 9:30 a.m.
The September 2021 Commission meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 2, 2021, via Zoom webinar.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of August 5, 2021 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of September 2, 2021 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Report, August 2021 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Request for Decision on Award of Waterfowl Breeding Grounds Funding – Scott Durham, Biologist Director
9. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Establish Regulations for Hunting Guide License Requirements – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director
10. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Set the 2021-2022 Oyster Season – Carolina Bourque, Marine Fisheries Biologist
11. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Designate a Temporary Natural Reef in Lake Barre Ahead of Terrebonne Marsh Creation Project – Carolina Bourque, Marine Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Add and Update Domesticated Aquatic Organisms Permit Fees – Rob Bourgeois, Fisheries Biologist
13. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Add Coastal Buffer Zones to Menhaden Harvest Regulations – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
14. Receive Public Comments
The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting will be conducted by webinar due to COVID-19 precautions.
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3tEoaTgxRlGJESjNPbEA7Q . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Comments may be submitted prior to the meeting by sending an email to Comments@wlf.la.gov before 5 pm on September 1st. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment. There will also be an opportunity to submit comments using the chat feature in Zoom, at specified times during the meeting.
In accordance with La. R.S. 42:17.1 and Governor Edwards’ declaration of emergency regarding the public health threat of COVID-19, this meeting of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission is being conducted via electronic means. The Chairman of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission hereby certifies that the matters on the agenda are critical to the continuation of the business of the Commission and may not be postponed or delayed, as doing so would cause curtailment of public services or economic hardship.