Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
August 5, 2021 – 9:30 a.m.
The August 2021 Commission meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 5, 2021, via Zoom webinar.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of July 1, 2021 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of August 5, 2021 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
a) Appreciation to Mr. Ed Swindell, Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council Representative
7. Enforcement Report, July 2021 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Presentation of Received Proposals for Waterfowl Breeding Grounds Funding – Scott Durham, Biologist Director
9. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Set the Opening Date for the 2021 Fall Inshore Shrimp Season – Peyton Cagle, Marine Fisheries Biologist
10. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent Establishing Closures of Certain Waters Associated with the 2022 Derelict Crab Trap Removal Program – Peyton Cagle, Marine Fisheries Biologist
11. Update on Lake Bistineau Dam Signage and Overview of Department Owned Dams – Ricky Moses, Inland Fisheries Director
12. Receive Public Comments
The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting will be conducted by webinar due to COVID-19 precautions.
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_KmwDH9_WTgysZbnX_blyAQ. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Comments may be submitted prior to the meeting by sending an email to Comments@wlf.la.gov before 5 pm on August 4th. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
In accordance with La. R.S. 42:17.1 and Governor Edwards’ declaration of emergency regarding the public health threat of COVID-19, this meeting of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission is being conducted via electronic means. The Chairman of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission hereby certifies that the matters on the agenda are critical to the continuation of the business of the Commission and may not be postponed or delayed, as doing so would cause curtailment of public services or economic hardship.