The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Adoption of January 5, 2023 Commission Meeting Minutes
- Approval of February 2, 2023 Agenda
- Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
- Enforcement Report, January 2023 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
- Receive and Consider a Resolution to Add Property through Free Lease to Richard K. Yancey Wildlife Management Area – Alvin Landry, Attorney
- Receive and Consider a Resolution to Add Property through Acquisition to Salvador Wildlife Management Area – Alvin Landry, Attorney
- Receive Public Comments and Consider Amendments on the Notice of Intent for Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Birds Rules and Regulations, Including General and WMA Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2023-2024 – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director
- Receive an Update on Feral Hog Control in Louisiana – Dr. Jim LaCour, State Wildlife Veterinarian
- Receive an Update on Additional Chronic Wasting Disease Cases Reported in Louisiana and Consider Modification to the Chronic Wasting Disease Control Areas – Dr. Jim LaCour, State Wildlife Veterinarian
- Receive and Consider a Resolution to Urge and Request State Investment for White Lake WCA – Larry Reynolds, Biologist Director
- Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video broadcast of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To view via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Sso2I89SQHKGwA_udODG6Q.